Welcome to the BRAVE Blog!
Hello! Welcome to the BRAVE Blog. If you’re reading this, I think you’re rad. It means some part of you, even if it’s tiny and you don’t even know it’s there, is interested in knowing more about what it means to be brave. Or it means you’re my mom. Hey, mom. (To be fair, my mom is also interested in BRAVE, in case that sways you to also care). No matter how you got here, I am so excited that you found this post.
Since this is the first one, let me give you an idea of what to expect in the future.
First off, hi, I’m Serena. I was a BRAVE intern in the fall of 2016, and I’m back with a brand new role: Blog Editor. I’m stoked about this for a number of reasons:
1. I believe that words have a tremendous amount of value, and that the power of stories is so great. I hope to showcase those beliefs on this very blog.
2. The work BRAVE does is important to me. Whether you’re a current member, or a first time visitor in the world of BRAVE, I promise that you benefit from the work we do here.
3. Blogs are awesome ways to share stories, information, and (perhaps a less obvious thing) kindness. Kindness and love are at the very core of BRAVE. Meaghan, the founder/CEO of BRAVE often reprimands me for starting off sentences with “this is cheesy but…” because she believes the world needs more “cheesiness” (and I’m not just talking about on pizza. However please note that I definitely mean on pizza, too. And on all food if we’re getting into it…). So…not to be cheesy but I think spreading kindness and love is critical, and definitely needed in copious amounts. Kind of like coffee.
We'll get into more details as time progresses, but that's a bit about me, your trusty editor.
So, I bet you’re thinking, “what kind of content can I expect from this here blog?” I have another handy list for you:
1. Student Speak Out: Once a month we’ll feature a student’s submission. There will be more info and a list of monthly prompts posted in the very near future, so keep an eye out!
2. Meaghan’s Message: A monthly video from BRAVE’s founder and CEO, Meaghan!
3. Learn 4 Change: A segment geared towards informing and inspiring action.
4. Rewind: A monthly montage of pictures and videos from BRAVE spaces.
5. Humans of Brave: A segment featuring humans that we think are BRAVE (see above: the power of stories).
6. Editor’s Choice: A post chosen by yours truly!
So welcome! I’m so thrilled to have you here. Look for a Humans of BRAVE post later on this week, and make sure to share this with other humans if you enjoy it!
Don't forget to be BRAVE today!